Monday, October 24, 2011

Beetlejuice Beetlejuice Beetlejuice


Due to the success of last year's foam board Halloween costumes, I decided it would be fun to try again this year with some inspiration from the very first PG-13 movie I ever saw. Beetlejuice made a pretty big impression on me, so this Halloween, Galen and I are going to be stretch-faced Adam and Barbara.

Barbara and Adam


I bought this shirt for Galen, and I found a super rad flowery dress with shoulder pads from Daha Vintage. But the real fun was in the mask construction.

I bought a big stack of colorful foam board paper.


supplies


I cut up a bunch of teeth and hot glued the details (and my hands) together.

cuttingteeth


Pancake made fun of me for burning my hands.

pancake


And then the mask was done!


Mask

Now I'm attempting to make the Adam mask out of paper mache and latex gloves, but it's currently a hot mess. I'll let you know how that works out.

No comments: