Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Where's Your Album Mr. B?

I keep getting emails about the blog posts I've written about Saved By The Bell. One guy wrote me an email saying that he thinks his chemistry teacher is Leanna Creel (Tori) and wanted to know if I could help him confirm her identity. Another guy wrote to me asking if I knew that Leanna Creel's sister is in a Progressive.com commercial. But my question is, when the hell is Dennis Haskin's karaoke album going to drop!?

For months, the actor famous for his role as Mr. Belding has had this message on his MySpace Page : "Yes it's true! In between my television, movie and public speaking engagements, I am working on an album of Karaoke favorites. Stay tuned, we'll keep you posted!"

Well I've been waiting patiently and he hasn't kept me posted. So today, I decided to get the ball rolling by sending him this message:

Hi Dennis,

My name is Lesley and I'm a big fan of yours. I loved you as Mr. Belding on Saved By The Bell. I also have a weird personal connection to you sort of. In high school I dated a guy named Ricky, and you were college roommates with his dad. I believe you recently attended Ricky's wedding. I wasn't invited or I would have said hi.

Anyway, I've checked your MySpace page a couple times to see when you plan to release your Karaoke album. Is it coming out soon? Are you going to add some songs to your profile? I really hope so.

I look forward to hearing you rock the mic!

Your Pal,

Lesley

Hopefully he writes back soon. I'll be sure to keep you updated. In the meantime, kick back and enjoy Mr Belding's karaoke version of Mustang Sally. It's a stunning duet with Brooke Hogan.

2 comments:

k.lenz said...

dude, i WAS at Ricky's wedding and i DID hang out with Mr. Belding.

take that.

k.

Anonymous said...

I AM Mr. Belding.