Thursday, October 16, 2008

Leanne Wins!

Last night was a big night for TV. Obama schooled McCain in the debate at Hofstra, the Dodgers lost to Philly, but most importantly- Leanne kicked ass last night on Project Runway and walked away with the grand prize!! As I have been saying for months, Leanne fucking rules.

I can't even express how happy I am about this win. Leanne's clothes are my favorite clothes that have appeared on Project Runway in the history of the show. They were all well-constructed, sculpture-esque and flattering. Her final collection was stunning.I would wear almost every single one of her outfits that came down the runway. While Korto's collection was very pretty, I didn't think it was spectacular. Kenley's collection was wacky and exciting, but it was a little too out there for me. Leanne just really knocked it out of the park. Her Etsy store is currently empty, but you can buy this dress on her official site:

And speaking buying her clothes, if you go to her Esty store and look at her past sales, you can see that she's been at it for a long time. Check out this dress she sold in November of last year:
In her description of it, she said:
This is quite possibly THE dress that first put me on the map. Pictures of it on the runway were used to promote this year's Portland Fashion Week, it was on the front page of the Oregonian's Living section three weeks ago not to mention on various blogs and websites. It feels like luxury, and when I tried it on I just felt so amazing in it, that I really kind of didn't want to sell it, but I need to buy a new sewing machine. This is a real steal, and it might even become a collector's item one day when I become really famous!

Awww! I'm sure she can buy plenty of new sewing machines now. And it seems like she always
knew she was going to become "really famous." You go girl!

Again, I am kicking myself for not buying her stuff on Etsy when I originally found it last year. Here's a picture of Leanne modeling the first dress she over sold on Etsy:
You've come a long way, baby!

No comments: