To create this masterpiece with my own hands, I:
1. Ordered some pre-made, fresh salsa from Fresh Direct because I didn't feel like chopping onions, tomatoes and peppers. Cheating rules!
2. Made my own Calexico-style crack sauce by mixing 2/3 sour cream, 1/3 miracle whip, a ton of chipotle powder, and some lime juice.
3. Cut up tilapia into small pieces and soaked it in a bowl of whole milk.
4. Made a mix of 1/2 cup flour, a tablespoon of salt, a lil' pepper, and a tablespoon of chipotle powder
5. Heated peanut oil in a large frying pan until it got super hot, but not smoking. Then I added a little bit of butter, and powdered the fish with the flour/chipotle mix.
6. Fried the pieces of fish for two minutes on each side. The oil also splashed all over my hands, burning me several times (not recommended).
7. Dumped the pieces on a paper towel and put more salt on them.
8. Heated up some corn tortillas and filled them with the fried fish, shredded cabbage, the pre-made salsa, crack sauce, and a squirt of lime juice.
And that's it folks. 8 easy steps to your fish taco fantasy.