Tuesday, December 15, 2009

2009 "Must Have" Holiday Gift Guide

Floating Robot is pleased to present the third annual "Must Have" Holiday Gift Guide, wherein I display a bunch of handmade and vintage treasures I've been obsessing over for the last several months. Then, you buy them for your friends and family and I cry myself to sleep.

For Your Best Fucking Friend:
If you have some money burning a hole in your pocket and you really love your friend, you should probably purchase this - a gift for her and you too. You can go buy it in NYC at In God We Trust or online at Refinery29.

For Mom:
Getting stuff in the mail these days is pretty rare, so getting plants in the mail is extra rare! If your mom is into plants, you should get her this 3-month air plant subscription.

For Writers:
Do you know anyone who has been working to finish a screenplay but can't find the motivation? How about a blogger with an antique flare? The old fashioned typewriters at Poetic Home are pretty much the coolest things ever and are just what the doctor ordered to cure a nasty case of writer's block.

For Children or Immature Adults Like Myself:
I could play with this Arctic Animal Finger Puppet Set for hours. The set includes a polar bear, an arctic fox, a caribou, a snowy owl, and the best of the bunch... a narwhal.

For People Who Need Jackets:
My heart aches for the day when I can afford one of joodito's amazing creations. If you want to know where to get the best jacket in all the land (I've searched far and wide and this is it folks!) go here.

For Art Lovers:
I declare this print by Blanca Gomez to be awesome.

For Your Boyfriend:


I can't put a picture of what I'm actually getting my boyfriend because I don't want to spoil the surprise, but don't worry. There's something you can buy for your ball and chain to keep his money safe. (And for the record, my boyfriend doesn't have any money so he won't be needing one of these.) Check out this awesome Moneybag Wallet - good for your dude's money holding needs. Chakra Pennywhistle makes these wallets out of actual vintage money bags. Pretty, pretty pretty good.

No comments: