Monday, April 14, 2008

Music Oldies but Goodies Prevail!

This has been a great week for me as far as music is concerned, and it's only Monday!! Let me tell you why.

Radiohead announced a new New Jersey tour date this weekend and I miraculously got tickets! Radiohead tickets have been notoriously hard to get for the past several years because they refuse to play big venues, or enough tour dates, and then scalpers snatch up all the tickets and sell them for bazillions of dollars.

Well guess what scalpers? I WIN! On August 12, I will see Radiohead live at the Susquehanna Bank Center in Camden, NJ. I've never been there, but with a name like Susquehanna, it's got to be great. *cough* I'm just really excited to go because I haven't been to a Radiohead show since 2005. They are one of my favorite bands to see live and I know the profound melodic genius radiating from Thom York's lazy eye will make it worth my while. Here is a sample of that genius:



Guess what other awesome music stuff happened this week? The Breeders released their new album, and I bought it! Josephine Wiggs, the Breeders' original bass player is back for this fucking amazing album called Mountain Battles. This is a much welcomed return from their last album Title TK from 2002. I can say with great confidence that this is almost on par with Last Splash. If you thought Kim and Kelly Deal were all washed up, think again fools. Mountain Battles is one of the best new albums I've heard this year. And you should buy it. Right now.

Oh but that's not it! The awesome just keeps coming. Air has a series of music videos on Pitchfork TV this week to promote the 1998 documentary Eating, Sleeping, Waiting and Playing, which follows them on their Moon Safari tour.

Here is an awesome video that I had never seen before for one of my favorite songs from Moon Safari- Kelly Watch the Stars. The video features a girl named Kelly who has a near-death experience while playing a heated game of ping pong!



I think I'm obsessed with Pitchfork TV now. Also featured this week is the music video for my favorite Panda Bear song, Comfy in Nautica.

No comments: