Friday, April 11, 2008

Holy Fat Balls!!

I have really been trying to eat healthy lately. I'm sick of being a fatty but I'm too lazy to exercise so I figure I should stop drinking coke and eating candy bars. I mean- I'm not going on a no carb diet, and I certainly am not going to stop eating cheese, but I'm trying to eat more salads and eat snacks that are high in protein like Gerber Pumpkin seeds. (Seriously, these things are the best!)

So the article Yahoo just posted about fattening appetizers caught my eye. I couldn't believe how fatty some of the shit on the list was, especially this:
The Worst Food in America Outback Steakhouse Aussie Cheese Fries with Ranch Dressing 2,900 calories
182 g fat
240 g carbs
It's the caloric equivalent of eating 14 Krispy Kreme doughnuts, before your dinner arrives. Even if you split this "starter" with 3 friends, you'll have downed a meal's worth of calories.

14 Krispy Kreme doughnuts! WTF!?!?! I'm definitely never eating cheese fries again. (And I would certainly never have eaten cheese fries w/ ranch dressing. Whoever does that is clearly a disgusting pig.)

I think that all restaurants should have a Krispy Kreme equivalent chart. So when I look at the menu and see
Prime Rib = 7 doughnuts
I would opt for
Salad = 2 doughnuts

No comments: