Sunday, January 18, 2009

Eugene Mirman Rules

Last night I got sick of watching Real Housewives reruns in our 56 degree apartment, so Galen took me out for a night on the town. We went out for sushi at Sakura on Manhattan Ave which normally serves really good food and all-you-can-drink hot sake. Dinner was good except my beer came garnished with a half dead fly. Then we went to see Eugene Mirman's show at Comix and it was pretty rad. He showed some funny videos like this:

He also talked about his unfortunate experience with Delta airlines. They lost his luggage and delivered it to the wrong address twice. When he called to complain they were pretty big dicks about it. Therefore, Eugene created these awesome postcards and handed them out to everyone in the audience so the could sign them and send them in. The postcard reads:

Dear Delta Airlines,

My name is ___________. I am a fan of comedian and actor Eugene "Horsedick" Mirman (who you may recognize from his small,recurring role on HBO's Flight of the Conchords.) Mr. Mirman flew your airline from Seattle to New York, where you lost his luggage.
Quick exposition: you delivered his luggage twice to the wrong address in Atlanta, GA, refused to pick it back up, then said you would pick it up, then never
came, and then told him to file a claim and wait to hear back within 10 weeks. Eugene described his traumatic incident with your terrible airline on stage. As a result, I will never ever ever ever fly with you again. Your airline is worse than someone dressing p like Hitler as a joke and not understanding why that's offensive. If your airline was drowning, I would save you, but give you look like, "I can't believe I'm saving such an asshole." To make things right, if I were you, I'd formally apologize to Eugenee on television, give him controlling stock in Delta Airlines or $10,000 (whichever is greater), and lastly make a video of yourself in the balls while going, "Why am I hitting myself?" and put it on youtube.

Yours Truly, ______


Anyways, he's going to have a release party for his forthcoming book "The Will To Whatevs": February 10th, 8PM, $15
The Bell House, Gawanus, Brooklyn (7th street between 2nd and 3rd Aves)

Paul F. Tompkins and other special guests will be there. You can buy tickets here... I snatched mine up already. You'll get them too if you know what's good for you. A Eugene Mirman release party is always great fun- just check out these pics of Karley and me at his CD release party/protest in 2006:

1 comment:

David C Bartlett said...

That video is the most hilarious thing I've ever seen.