Friday, February 1, 2008

The Super Bowl- What Is It Good For?

The Super Bowl is good for two reasons:

1. The Puppy Bowl
2. The Commercials

No matter how hard I try, I just can't seem to get into football. Watching tons of dudes in padded suits running across imaginary lines just doesn't do it for me. Maybe this is a more deep-rooted issue stemming from the fact that my dad used to watch the Dolphins obsessively and would clap and yell so loud during the game that it scared the shit out of me. But because of the Puppy Bowl and the mega-expensive commercials, I can still have a good time during the Super Bowl.

If you are wondering what the Puppy Bowl is, I highly recommend you check out Animal Planet on Sunday when the game gets boring (as in THE WHOLE TIME) to see a bunch of cute little puppies running around, drinking water and playing with toys. This shit is on for like 4 straight hours, and every minute of it is AMAZING. For an added bonus, check out the kitty halftime show.

As far as the commercials go, they're usually pretty impressive and sometimes very sexy. Remember that one a few years ago for Go Daddy that looked like an advertisement for a strip club? I have read that the commercials this year are supposed to be "tamer" than recent years, but it's not sexiness that hooks me into a commercial. It's when they tug at my heartstrings. My all time favorite commercial was the one last year with the GM Robot. Remember this sad little guy? He was just trying to do his best at work but he fucked up making a car so he got fired. He tried to do some other jobs but it wasn't working out, so then he tried to kill himself when suddenly... he woke up! GASP! It was just a dream! Not only is this robot cute, but I feel like we have a lot in common.

So I guess the bottom line is while I know I'm supposed find him cute: he's just not as appealing as puppies and robots.

No comments: